30/12/13

Quilt As You Go Tutorial

OK, here I am and I'll try to make a little tutorial to show you how I asseble my finished blocks with the QAYG method.

1. Step

Take two blocks. Be sure they are 5".

2. Step
Cut two sashing strips, one 1" and one 1 1/4".

3. Step

Add the 1 1/4" sashing to the back of your block pinning in place, then add the 1" sashing to the front of your block and pin in place.

4. Step
Sew all this sandwich together using a 1/4" seam allowance.

5. Step


Flip the front sashing and press, put the second block right sight on top of the sashing, lining up the raw edges. Pin in place and stitch again using 1/4" seam allowance.


6. Step
Press your sashing. Now your blocks are toghter on the front.

7. Step
Flip over your blocks to the back, turn under your sashing and make sure it is 1/2" wide. Slip stitch the sashing into position.

DONE!! Now join all your blocks together like this and join the rows with a long sashing that measures the complete lengh of you row.

7 commenti:

  1. Thank you so much for this tutorial. It is so helpful.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Do you put any type of batting in your sashing?

    RispondiElimina
  3. This is exactly what I was looking for. than you so much!

    RispondiElimina
  4. Thank you! I didn't know how I was going to quilt this as one big quilt. I'm so glad I found you.

    RispondiElimina
  5. I am so amazed and want to make my own dear jane -- but afraid to start -- i have only a little experience at quilting. How to begin? should i but the softwear?

    RispondiElimina
  6. I am so amazed and want to make my own dear jane -- but afraid to start -- i have only a little experience at quilting. How to begin? should i but the softwear?

    RispondiElimina